🎮From Animation to Game Development: My Journey Choosing a Career



🎮From Animation to Game Development: My Journey Choosing a Career


From the moment I was old enough to hold a pencil, I've been fascinated by animation. I'd spend hours doodling my favorite characters and dreaming of one day bringing them to life on the big screen.


One day, while exploring the depths of YouTube, I stumbled upon a Pixar studio tour that blew my mind. I was mesmerized by the intricate process of animation and knew then and there that I wanted to become an animator.


After diving headfirst into the world of animation for 3-4 years, I stumbled upon a whole new world - game development! I started tinkering with Blender's built-in game engine and found it to be the perfect fit for a non-coder like myself. But, as much as I loved it, I quickly realized that I could only create PC games.


Determined to expand my horizons, I scoured the internet for the best game engine to make phone games. I tried my hand at several engines, but none of them quite fit the bill. That's when my friend suggested the Unity game engine. I'd heard of it before, but my old computer couldn't handle it at the time. Now, with a new and improved setup, I was ready to tackle it head-on!


Since then, I've been on a mission to become the perfect hybrid of a game developer and animator. And guess what? It's working! Today, I'm proud to say that I'm working in the field of game development, doing what I love every single day.

#gamedevelopment #animation #like #developer #love #career #indiedev #story

0 Comments